Management reports that are regularly requested have been developed and included in the Reports menu. And we continue to add to those as needed. But, we know that we cannot anticipate every analysis wanted by our clients – especially those that are needed for a specific project and are “one-off”.
We have built a tool that produces ad-hoc graphs and reports based on your selections. The tool provides extra capability and flexibility that helps fill gaps left by the reports already included in RxWorks. You use the Monitoring option in the Excel Analysis section of the Reports menu and build the report you need. You can “drag and drop” analysis headings and values as well as restrict the report to just those items you are interested in.
Accessing The Report
- Navigate to the RxWorks Reports Work Area.
- Select ‘G: Excel Analysis Spreadsheets.’
- Select ‘Monitoring’ under the ‘Monitoring’ Area.
How to Generate the Monitoring Report
To produce the RxWorks Monitoring Report:
- Navigate to the Monitoring Report.
- Enter the end date for the report you want to build.
- Generate the report by clicking on the ‘Excel’ button.
This will include data for 3 years earlier than the date you entered. You will be able to see this year (12 months prior to the date entered), prior year and 2 years prior.
Alternately, you can export the report to CSV.
How Do I Use the Monitoring Report?
The Monitoring report consists of two main sections for you to work with. These are shown below. (Click images to view full sized versions):
1. Selection Criteria Areas
Select the criteria you want the report to display.
2. The Resulting Information From Your Selection
View the information that comes as a result of your selection criteria.
Selecting What You Want to Show in the Report
The first step is to select which data fields you want to use to get information. There are two types of fields – Heading and Values:
How To Build Your Report
- In the ‘Pivot Table Field List’, choose the fields you want to use by using the check boxes next to them.
- Your choices will be shown as bold.
- When checked, the field is automatically moved into the ‘Row Labels’ box below.
- This will depend on what you want to do with the field.
- If it’s a header leave it in the Row Label box.
- If you want it as a value, drag and drop it into the Column Label box.
- If you will use it to select what is in the report, move it to Report Filter.
We have chosen which species should be included.
As an example, lets build a report that shows Sales from 2 years ago for each type of Service.
- Drag the field ‘Item Service’ into the ‘Row Labels’ box.
- Drag the field called ‘Sale 2 years’ into the ‘Values’ box.
- The result is a graph showing those sales for each Service type.
Additional Information On Filtering
To restrict the report to show just the services that interest you, use the Report Filters on the left side of the spreadsheet. To change headings, drag the Item Service back to the Report Filter box and then drag the one you want into the Row Label box. Similarly change the values by dragging and dropping between the Column Labels and Value Boxes.