- When a client calls to make an appointment, “find” their record in the usual way.
- Once you find a “client record”, it may be useful to check that you have their correct postal address, phone number and email address.
- If the client is new, “add a client” and “patient” record for them.
- Open the ‘Appointments’ area by selecting the “Clipboards Tab” and then the appropriate “Appointments group”.
- Check the date you are making the appointment for.
- Double click the required time slot (or highlight and press ENTER).
- Use the Selected Client button (Alt+S) to choose the current client record.
- The Patient List will appear for that client. Select the correct patient and click OK.
- Enter the appointment details in the Appointment Entry Window.
- Click OK.
This opens a Find dialog.
Although it is possible to search for the client record at this point, we recommend that it is safer to have found them before starting – as we did in the example above.
The Current Patient Button
The current patient button is used in the Find box when making appointments. If you have a “patient file” open, clicking the button will select that record to use. This removes the need to find the client first and then select the correct patient from a list.
If you do not have a currently active patient the button will not be displayed.
Making Entries in Standard Clipboards
The ‘Appointment Entry’ Window
After choosing a client and patient, the ‘Appointment Entry’ window appears:
Filling Out The Details
- Choose the Type of Appointment. Do this carefully as it determines the length of time blocked out for an appointment. In most practices, there is colour-coding used. For new clients, choose ‘New Client Consultation’ as the Type of Appointment.
- Fill in other fields according to the custom in your practice.
- Click OK. The appointment is now complete.
This shows in bright red and makes it obvious to staff when the client arrives that they should check the record for completeness.
Using “Right-click > Navigate” is a useful shortcut for this task.
The ‘Reason’ given is very important and will be carried through to the Visit record.
Visit reasons can be set up through the “Clipboard Options & Setup”.
‘Notes’ are used for messages to other staff handling the visit and will transfer into the visit text.
The Standards of Care Prompter for “HealthCare Manager” may appear next if the patient has any overdue items. It may be useful to discuss these with the client at this point.
Making Miscellaneous Entries
Sometimes it is useful to add a Misc to the clipboard.
Right click on any available appointment time in any clipboard to add a miscellaneous entry.
You can use this to keep track of non-clinical appointments, or make special notes about a clinical visit.
Deleting Miscellaneous Entries
RxWorks has a tool that lets you delete miscellaneous entries between a selected date range. This is useful for roster changes, and practices who use Misc entries to block out appointment times for when Vets are not available.
Visit our Release Notes page to view the Version 4.4 Release Notes which cover this topic.
Only Authorised Users Can Add Entries To Clinics
This feature prevents users that do not have the correct security access from adding entries into branch clipboards.
The access is defined by “security settings” for each user.
If a user has access to more than one clinic clipboard, they will be able to choose which clinic to add the entry to.
If a user has “security access” to only one branch clinic, no options will be presented.